Article: No practical experience? No problem!
Are you looking for something exciting that will challenge you? Then you've come to the right place!
Here at DB Systemtechnik GmbH we are always on the look-out for new interns and working students. You will help with current projects and be able to pitch in with your own ideas, thus making a valuable contribution to how the projects are implemented. This will give you insights into and experience of what day-to-day work actually consists of, which will assist you in planning your career.
Do you want to gain practical experience? Well what are you waiting for? Apply now!
- You can find our vacancies for internships and working students here in the DB careers portal via this link.
- Alternatively, speculative applications can be sent to Teresa Horvatic-Seitz.
DB Systemtechnik: Strong technology with a strong team!
Magdalena Alfs | Minden
Intern and Master's thesis writer
"I joined DB Systemtechnik as a part-time intern alongside my degree studies and am now writing my Master's thesis here. I actively chose DB Systemtechnik to be my employer because I wanted to get to know about more aspects of engineering work during my studies and I found that the fields of activity covered by testing, combined with railway engineering, appealed to me very much.
What I appreciate most about DB Systemtechnik is the way my colleagues interact with each other, the freedom to organise my own work and the support the company gives me with regard to my studies."
Mahmut Eker | Munich
Working student in the Engineering department
"As I had only heard good things from friends about the working conditions at DB, I decided to do an internship, which was a compulsory component of my course, in HR management at DB Systemtechnik. The aim was both to advance my career and to gain a deeper understanding of the area my studies were focussed on at the time. Following immediately on from that placement, I supported the HR team for another year and a half as a working student. The opportunity then arose to switch to the Engineering department, where I will be taken on once I complete my bachelor's degree. What I really appreciate about my work is that I get to deal with a wide variety of tasks and topics. The work environment at DB Systemtechnik is really good too, which motivates me even more."
At DB Systemtechnik, you can explore many different areas. You can find a list of the departments here:
- Brake and clutch tests
- Driving technique tests
- tests strength
- Test equipment management, EVU admission management
- Competence center for brakes and clutches
- Competence center chassis
- Tests in energy and safety technology, tribology
- Competence center drive technology, vehicle control
- Competence center for acoustics, vibrations, aerodynamics, air conditioning
- vehicle software and information technology
- Maintenance systems and consulting
- Vehicle maintenance infrastructure
- Non-destructive testing and testing systems
- Materials and joining technology