Article: Rail track technology test laboratory
Permanent way and rail track components, vibration testing, etc.
The ever increasing requirements placed on rail track (higher speeds, higher axles loads, more traffic on the line) continuously necessitate innovative solutions that need to be tested and implemented accordingly. The rail track technology application area is designed to accommodate all technical measurements that pertain to rail track installations. The range of tasks to this end encompasses the application of strain gauges for measuring strains and forces through to measurement of traction forces on adjusting rods.
Accredited test procedures
- Our test laboratory in Minden is accredited by Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle GmbH (DAkkS) in the area of drive mechanics for rail vehicles in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025. See the appendix for the accreditation certificate.
- DB Systemtechnik is QMS certified to the ISO 9001 standard.
The detailed and latest list of activities/test procedures in the flexible scope of accreditation in the testing laboratory "Rail track technology" can be found in this PDF:
Prüflabor Fahrtechnik- Aktuelle Liste Prüfverfahren im flexiblen Akkredtierungsbereich (Stand 24.02.2022)
Our tests and test quantities
Analyses of the rail track and its components
- Measurements for analysing track stability
- Lateral displacement resistance measurements
- Longitudinal displacement resistance measurements
- Levelling element
- Chord measurement
- Zeroing/deflection measurements
- Measurement of mechanical tension
- Measurements on trestles, points of turnout, small iron parts and rail expansion joints
- Measurement of movements
- Rail movements
- Sleeper movements
- Intermediate layer compression
- Underlying surface movements
- Vibration analyses, acceleration measurements
- Receptance measurements
- Vibration analysis of components such as facing point locks
- Temperature measurement on permanent way
- Force measurements on permanent way
- Profile geometry of wheel/rail
- Recording of collective service loads
- Out-of-round detection systems (DafuR)