Non-powered and powered wheelsets, development, operative safeguarding and/or warranty issues, optimisation, material substitution, etc.
We will assist you with your questions regarding the topic of wheelsets, axle bearings and their components:
- Non-powered, powered and variable gauge wheelsets
- Forward-looking wheelset and bearing developments
- Design and calculation of wheelset components
- Procurement support: specification, design verification, first article inspection, assessment of warranty claims
- Wheelset-related topics as they pertain to new vehicle development and approvals
- Creation and optimisation of wheelset and wheelset bearing maintenance systems
- Creation of system analyses and measurement specifications
- Material substitution
- Technical topics pertaining to manufacturer-related product qualifications
- Technical assessment of wheelset maintenance activities
- Standardisation projects
If required, we will make use of appropriate test laboratories to address your specific concerns, such as the test laboratory for strength testing, wheel/rail contact or brake systems.
These laboratories have various testing facilities such as rotational bending and bearing test stands for determining structural strength, wheel/rail test stands for quantifying wheel/rail contact and a friction dynamometer for testing the performance of brake systems.
To determine the load forces that occur during operation, we can also employ the services of the driving technology department, which uses instrumented wheelsets and testing vehicles.