Everything from a single source: By leveraging processes for approval and conformity testing and conducting field tests routines as well as numerous condition analyses of various grades of lubricating grease, we are your competent partner in this application area.
Accredited test procedures
- The proficiency of our test laboratories in Munich for testing in the following areas was accredited by Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle GmbH (DAkkS): physical, physical-chemical and chemical analyses of lubricants, fuels and insulating oils; element quantification in lubricants via wavelength-dispersive X-ray fluorescence analysis; tribological examinations of lubricants; sampling of lubricants and fuels.
- The entire list of our accredited test procedures can be found in our accreditation certificate.
- DB Systemtechnik is QMS certified to the ISO 9001 standard.
The detailed and latest list of activities/test procedures in the flexible scope of accreditation in the testing laboratory "Lubricating greases" can be found in this PDF:
Prüflabor Tribologie-Tribotechnik - Aktuelle Liste Prüfverfahren im flexiblen Akkredtierungsbereich (Stand 29.06.2022)
Our tests and test quantities
We can realise the following test conditions:
- State-of-the-art analytical methods
- Application of innovative methods such as thermal analysis, rheology and tribologic measuring cell
- Development of technical specifications
- Development of application-specific test procedures
- Approval tests in accordance with technical specifications
- Conformity tests for quality monitoring of lubricated greases
- Approval tests in accordance with DIN EN 12081
- Condition analysis of lubricating greases for optimising maintenance intervals
- Cost-effective processes by way of LIMS application
We offer these tests:
Please refer to the list of test procedures for our entire portfolio of testing and inspection services.
Conditioning analysis of lubricants and insulating oils used in opertion
As experts in the field of lubricant, fuel and insulating oil analysis, we provide you with professional services for monitoring and maintaining your resources, vehicles and components.
Our analyses are a major factor in condition assessment, a tool for early diagnosis and the prevention of damage to your components, and thus make a major contribution to ensuring smooth operation and operational safety.
Such condition analyses also form the basis for optimising your maintenance costs by facilitating condition-dependent servicing frequencies.
Quality assurance in the supply of lubricants
A supply of high-quality lubricants to ensure trouble-free operation is of crucial importance for every utility company. We develop specifications and test procedures, carry out release tests and check every batch of safety and operationally relevant lubricants for conformity with the requirements before they are delivered. We try to qualify several suppliers for each type of lubricant and audit these manufacturers.
Can I mix greases? What interactions are there with the seal? Why does the system no longer work? We answer these and many other questions by carrying out compatibility tests, for example, which are also appropriately included in the DB specifications. To this end, we blend mixtures in various proportions and conduct application-specific tests. Elastomer compatibility can be tested using original components to obtain direct results for the application.