ETCS, ECM, redesign, air quality, series squats or accident remediation using digital technology. These are just a few of more than 40 customer projects that DB Systemtechnik and its British subsidiary DB ESG are presenting in their latest activity report.
At InnoTrans 2022, the DB staff presented its latest activity report for the first time. On the website of DB Systemtechnik the 60-page report is now available for download.
Technical and digital solutions for customers – shown by 40 projects
The engineering and testing service provider presents over 40 exciting reference projects. The focus is on technical and digital solutions for procurement, operation and maintenance as well as tests in laboratories, testing facilities and with its own measuring vehicles or rail vehicles in the approval process.
Feel free to browse through the activity report to learn more about exciting and diverse projects, challenges and solutions of DB Systemtechnik. Here is an excerpt of some of the examples:
- Simulation tool for the calculation of ETCS braking curve parameters.
- Investigations into air quality in rail vehicles (LUQAS)
- full service in guiding ECM along the path to certification
- Accident remediation of a GRP front cab with the aid of a 3D scan
- Speech intelligibility test for multiple-unit trains
- Impact test for m²-Timber FLU (Freightrail Loading Unit)
- Result of the research on "Sensor technology as a technical requirement for ATO functions”
- Investigation of the mechanisms of squat formation (cracks under the rail running surface)
- Redesign of 21 VT 642 multiple-unit-trains in Oberelbe
- Test run at 360 km/h on the Nuremberg-Ingolstadt high-speed line
- Analysis for adaptation for the workshops from the new vehicle technology (e.g. ICE-L)
- EBA research contract for the systematization of infrastructure maintenance planning
- Monitoring of track condition with CTM 2.0 recently also available in Great Britain