Rail company, certified, accredited
DB Systemtechnik is a highly specialised provider of technical services for railway-specific tasks and related matters.
Extensive know-how and precision are needed to ensure that trains arrive punctually and safely at their destinations. Customers throughout the railway sector are supported with precisely these attributes – with individual solutions, in compliance with standards and requirements, in good time and in top quality.
Certification, accreditation and recognition of the independent rail company are an important basis for its business activity and proof for manufacturers, operators and maintenance companies that they can trust in the know-how of DB Systemtechnik:
|is an independent railway operator|
|holds a DIN EN ISO 9001 certification|
|is a test centre and experts' organisation recognised by EBA|
|has over 40 EBA-recognised assessors and other technical experts|
|is an associated partner of the German notified body EBC|
|acts as administrative support to EBA on ECM certifications|
|has an experts' organisation accredited under DIN EN ISO/IEC 17 020|
|has a notified body – RAL – integrated as part of the DB Systemtechnik Group|
|is designated body (DeBo) in Germany and Luxembourg|
|has a test organisation accredited under DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025 with over 200 test procedures and instructions in 27 specialist fields required for approval|
|is accredited safety assessment body (AsBo) in accordance with CSM-RA|
The DB Systemtechnik testing agency is approved by the German Federal Railway Authority (EBA). The test laboratories are accredited by Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle (German Accreditation Body) in accordance with accreditation certificate D-PL-11081-01-00 to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025 for the tests specified in the appendix further to DB Systemtechnik's accreditation certificate.
The expert organisation has been accredited by the German national accreditation authority (Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle GmbH – DAkkS) as an inspection body in numerous areas of inspection work in accordance with the specifications of the DIN EN ISO/IEC 17020 standard (accreditation certificate: D-IS-11081-01-00). These areas are specified in the appendix further to the accreditation certificate. Moreover, RAL (Railway Approvals Limited) is integrated in the DB Systemtechnik group as a NoBo.
|DB Systemtechnik is a member of the German government's initiative for creating networks that promote energy Efficiency.|
|This enables us to benefit from the knowledge of independent experts, use energy audits to create transparency, and cut our energy costs in the long term.|
- EBA: Eisenbahn-Bundesamt (Federal Railway Authority), the supervisory, approval and safety authority for railways and rail companies in Germany (go to www.eba.bund.de for more information)
- EBC: EISENBAHN-CERT, certification and inspection agency for complex rail systems and components (go to www.eisenbahn-cert.de for more information)
- ECM: maintenance obligation for owners of rail vehicles in compliance with Art. 4 of the German General Railway Act (Allgemeines Eisenbahngesetz, "AEG") (go to www.eba.bund.de for more information)
- RAL: Railway Approval Limited (RAL), a subsidiary of DB Systemtechnik that offers vehicle approvals. Recognised in Great Britain as a UK Vehicle Acceptance Body and internationally as a Notified Body Interoperability.
- CSM-RA: Common Safety methods – Risk Assessment
- AsBo: Assessment Body (test conformity in compliance with CSM-RA)