We can provide you with the following products:
Basic evaluation and preliminary design
Is your workshop project moving from feasibility to the planning phase?
When it comes to designing workshop and treatment plants for rail vehicles, we are your expert contact for the HOAI or VDI planning procedure, or for creating synergetic designs based on both procedures. Our expertise lies in designing maintenance workshops for all types of rail vehicle, component reconditioning workshops, warehouses and logistics areas. In addition to designing new buildings, we also offer our services for conversions or extensions to existing buildings.
- Architectural and engineering services according to HOAI up to service phase 2 – preliminary design
- Engineering services according to VDI 5200 "Factory planning" in the phases
- Structural development
- Structural scoping
- Concept layout design o Cost estimate according to DIN 276
How you benefit
- Appropriate solutions through functional development of the plants from the perspective of railway and maintenance production
- High efficiency and design quality through
- integrating best practice gained from working as DB workshop designers
- the latest expertise and process experience gained from working as specific workshop designers for rail systems
- specialist knowledge of typical client structures and interfaces with required stakeholders such as DB Netz, DB Energie and supervisory offices
- Good adherence to deadlines thanks to early consulting on how to deal with the railway supervisory and public approval authorities
- Integration of services from all required design disciplines
Final design, planning for building permit application and construction drawings
Is your project about to enter the key design phases?
When it comes to designing workshop and treatment plants for rail vehicles, we are your expert contact for the HOAI or VDI "Factory planning" guideline planning procedure, or for creating synergetic designs based on both procedures. Our expertise lies in designing railway-specific, functional facilities characterised by machine technology: vehicle washing systems, systems for wheelset reprofiling, systems for cleaning vehicle interiors – including the required supply and disposal technology – or workshops for reconditioning railway-specific components.
- Architectural and engineering services according to HOAI in service phases 3 – 5: final design, planning for building permit application and construction drawings
- Engineering services according to VDI 5200 "Factory planning" in the phases covering detailed planning, drafting of approval applications and drafting of performance specifications
- Project design, coordination of technical design services from all required disciplines
- Implementation of technical design with a focus on plant, machinery and equipment
How you benefit
- Development of facility functions based on vehicle engineering and the maintenance requirements of the vehicles
- Access to DB Systemtechnik GmbH's pool of specialists and stock of drawings for vehicle and component engineering
- High certainty of approvability through the use of specialists with up-to-date knowledge of the design requirements laid down by accident insurers and licensing, supervisory and approval authorities
- Access to design resources from DB E&C, Germany's largest railway infrastructure engineering office