Article: Test- and calibration-laboratory
Die Prüf- und Messmittel regelmäßig hinsichtlich ihrer Genauigkeit zu überwachen, war schon immer wesentlicher Bestandteil des Qualitätsmanagements.
This is the task for the calibration and testing center (KPS). Here it is ensured that the requirements of DIN EN ISO 9001 (quality management) and DIN ISO 10012 (measurement management systems) are met.
Our aim is to provide customers with a complete range of solutions for measuring and testing tasks. We have specialized in railway-typical test and measurement methods.
We are accredited by the German Accreditation Body (DAkkS) according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025. Accreditation is a prerequisite for recognition as an approved test center for test equipment monitoring within the area of responsibility of the Federal Railway Authority. For most calibrations and tests, the test location is specified with the test procedure. Measuring machines and equipment such as wheelset processing machines, wheelset diagnostic systems, measuring tracks and mechanical and electrical test equipment are calibrated by our test teams on site at the customer.
In the case of transportable measuring equipment, the location of the test depends on the requirements placed on their accuracy. In order to realize the smallest measurement uncertainties, efficient measurement methods are available in our precision laboratories.
Siehe Anlage zur Akkreditierungsurkunde.
Our single products:
Calibration and testing services
1) Accredited Calibrations: Competent - Neutral - Independent
Accredited calibrations ensure international comparability and recognition of the certificates issued. They are recommended, among other things, because of the traceability to national standards with low measurement uncertainty, for example for reference measuring devices and when confirmation by official bodies is required.
Calibration of measuring and test equipment with competence:
- The basis is the calibration laboratory accredited by DAkkS (German Accreditation Body) for the specialist areas of length, pressure, force, torque and temperature, electrical parameters, frequency and time interval in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025.
- Accreditation is a prerequisite for recognition as an approved test center for test equipment monitoring within the area of responsibility of the Federal Railway Authority (EBA).
- We are also certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001.
- Accredited calibrations in the fields of pressure, force, torque, voltage (AC/DC), current (AC/DC), electrical resistance, oscilloscope measurements, voltage ratio, time interval, frequency, temperature and gauge blocks
- ISO calibration of special railway-typical measuring and testing equipment (dimensional, mechanical and electrical) as well as equipment (e.g. measuring tracks) and machines (e.g. wheel set processing machines)
- In addition, professional execution of ISO calibrations in the above-mentioned areas, but with extended measuring ranges and in the areas of length (DIN measuring equipment, 1D, 2D and 3D) and mass
- Use of the latest special and universal measurement technology to minimize measurement uncertainty
- Depending on the required measurement uncertainty, calibration at the customer's site or under the controlled conditions in our laboratories
- Own pick-up and delivery service for measuring and testing equipment to reduce downtime
- Professional repair of many types of measuring and test equipment in our own electronics laboratory and mechanical workshop
- Audit-proof, clear, electronically supported identification of measuring and testing equipment
2) Compliance Checks
You want to prove to your customer that you have complied with the quality/product characteristics in the process and on the product. The tests you carry out for this cost you time. Concentrating on your core business forces you to look for a competent partner.
We are accredited by the German Accreditation Body (DAkkS) for the specialist areas of length, pressure, force, torque and temperature, electrical parameters, frequency and time interval according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025.
We have many years of experience in the calibration of universal and railway-typical measuring and testing equipment and facilities and are flexible thanks to our universally applicable resources. We keep an online database of your measuring and testing equipment.
Our staff calibrates the entire spectrum of your measuring and testing equipment and facilities according to recognized and accredited procedures. We install and operate a consistent system of recalibration via a traceable measurement connection, the traceability of the measurement units and the auditable documentation. We agree on a short-term delivery service, on-site tests and the transport of measuring and test equipment. We repair test equipment or commission the repair/procurement of replacements.
You only need one contact for the calibration of a very wide range of measuring and testing equipment. The measurement results of your test equipment can be reproduced at any time within the framework of the measurement uncertainty and can be traced back to national or international standards. The reliability of the results and a minimization of the downtime of the technology are ensured. Compliance with the requirements of DIN EN ISO 9001 - quality management and DIN EN ISO 10012 - measurement management systems - with regard to measurement technology is guaranteed.
3) Routine and special measurements: suitability for fulfilling the requirements
You are looking for a service provider who provides you with specially trained staff and flexible, high-precision measurement technology and who can take care of your measurement task at short notice.
- We have competent staff to analyze and solve even unusual measuring and testing tasks. We can draw on a large pool of high-quality measurement technology, standards and standard equipment. We will take care of your problem at short notice.
We analyze your metrological problem and make suggestions for solving it. If necessary, we develop or modify measurement methods to obtain the required measurement data. Depending on the measuring task, we carry out the measurements promptly on your premises or in our fine measuring or precision measuring rooms. The results are summarized and visualized for you in a test report.
As an independent service provider, we support you in the timely and cost-effective execution of routine measurements as well as special tests and reference measurements in disputes.You don't have to provide either measurement technology or specialized personnel. Through us you have access to a wide range of high-quality railway-typical and universal measurement technology. You have more time to concentrate on your core business.
1) Test equipment suitability: Compare and evaluate measurement results
To ensure quality, you want to demonstrate compliance with the quality features in the process and on the product. You ask yourself, are the measurement results reproducible, is the process suitable and are the test methods the right ones?
We examine railway-typical, standardized and other measuring and testing equipment as well as measuring devices with regard to their suitability and ability. We use generally recognized methods that are based on a determination of the measurement uncertainty according to GUM. Suitability is determined with a comparable key figure, taking into account all relevant influencing variables on the measurement result, such as measurement methods, measuring equipment, standard/setting master, resolution of the measured values, etc.
Our suitability tests for test equipment enable you to compare and evaluate measurement results from different measuring equipment for a specific characteristic. This allows you to use metrological resources in a targeted and efficient manner. As part of a modern measurement management system, the test equipment suitability test is standard-based and audit-proof. It is one of the recognized methods of continuous improvement.
2) Test Process Capability: The right test process for the right product
To ensure quality, you want to demonstrate to your customer that you have complied with the quality features in the process and on the product. You ask yourself, are the measurement results reproducible, is the process suitable and are the test methods the right ones?
We are recognized by the German Calibration Service for length, pressure and electrical parameters through accreditation. Our staff has many years of experience in the calibration of measuring and testing equipment/equipment typical for railways. We have the necessary calculation models and experience for the part of the uncertainty that is estimated.
We examine railway-typical, standardized and other measuring and testing processes with regard to their suitability and ability. We use generally recognized methods that are based on a determination of the measurement uncertainty according to GUM. Taking into account all relevant influencing variables on the measurement result, such as measurement method, measuring equipment, standard/setting master, environment and operator, the ability under process conditions is determined with a comparable key figure.
We answer the question of whether a testing process is suitable for checking the quality of your products. This form of determining the test process capability enables you to compare the measurement results of different methods under process conditions. Determining process capability is part of a modern measurement management system. It is based on standards and is one of the recognized methods of continuous improvement.
3) Regulations and approval: suitability for the purpose-fulfilment of the requirements
We offer technical advice regarding the possible uses of measuring and testing equipment as well as measuring and testing processes.
Investigations on test equipment suitability and test process suitability:
- Analysis of measurement problems and advice on the design of measurement systems for the intended measurement task
- Determination of the measurement uncertainty of measurement results and determination of parameters for the ability and suitability of measuring and test equipment
- Planning and implementation of investigations to prove the suitability of test processes for a planned measurement task
Delivery of typical railway measuring and testing equipment (EWF):
- Competent advice on the selection of suitable measuring and testing equipment for solving typical railway measuring tasks
- Procurement and delivery of railway-typical measuring and testing equipment (EWF) including quality assurance and initial calibration
Running order measurements:
- Planning and professional implementation of routine and special measuring tasks with the most modern universal measuring devices in the fields of length (1D, 2D and 3D), force, pressure, torque, electrical parameters, time intervals, frequency and temperature
- Processing of measurement tasks as an independent testing laboratory, e.g. B. in disputes