With the aim of harmonizing existing regulations for non-destructive testing in the railway sector, DB Systemtechnik GmbH, on the initiative of the Committee for Railway Vehicles (AEF) and with the participation of a team of experts from DB and NE-Bahn, published VDV publication 889 "Non-destructive testing (ZfP ) on railway vehicles and their components" are created and continuously developed.
The VDV specification 889 offers manufacturers and ECM (Entity in Charge of Maintenance - the bodies responsible for maintenance) a NDT set of rules tailored to their specific needs, consisting of:
- a basic part with the principles, general test instructions and associated forms for test reports (test methods VT, MT, UT, ET, PT, RT),
- general test instructions for mechanized ultrasonic testing of axles and wheels,
- supplementary and modularly available packages with test plans as well as component- and process-related part-specific documents.
Licensees of VDV publication 889 received
- online access to the selected regulations in pdf format for download
- regular updates during the license period the possibility of considering individual user requirements in the further development of VDV publication 889 (including the English version)
The VDV publication 889 offers
- all requirements for meeting current and future legal requirements and industry standards through technical harmonization,
- User-oriented and uniform set of rules within the framework of an ECM-compliant structure,
- User-oriented formulation - created and checked by the experienced team of experts
- Competitive and cost advantages resulting from industry-wide establishment and cross-company scope.
Order the new set of rules conveniently from DB Kommunikationstechnik:
DB Kommunikationstechnik GmbH
Do you still have questions about the new NDT set of rules?
If you have any questions, please contact DB Systemtechnik Dr. Jochen Kurz and Ms. Ulrike Mosler available: